Website Test Automation with Ruby - A Beginners Guide (blog forecast)


The past
During my time at spriteCloud I got my first experience with Test Automation. A crash course in test automation and some days later, I started to write some Gherkin scenario's and test scripts for my own project. SpriteCloud developed a Ruby gem called lapis_lazuli. If you're not familiar with Ruby, it's a plug-in/add-on/extension. This lapis_lazuli gem makes life easier especially for beginners, but I'll explain more about that in one of the next blog posts.

The present
These days I work for Mproof to test their new product called Service-Hub. And I'm no test automation master (yet), but I've gained quiet some experience by now and are quiet familiar with the Ruby + Cucumber combination. Still almost every day I learn something new. So I thought it would be nice to share.

For you and for me
Since the internet is a bit of a jungle of information. You will easily loose time researching an issue that has already been encountered/resolved before. Therefore I thought it would be nice to start sharing my knowledge and experiences with you all. Not only to teach people about the Ruby + Cucumber combination, but also as a reference guide for myself. I'll try to provide examples based on what helped me, but don't be shy and let me know how I can improve my knowledge sharing.

The future (blog forecast)
For just a bit more than a year I've learned so many things. At first I just wanted to tell you about this lapis_lazuli gem and how it helps me and some lessons learned, but where to start? So I came up with the idea to just go over the whole process from absolute beginner to novice. There are many topics to cover, but here's what I had in mind:

This forecast might change a bit over time, but it looks like I have work to do. If you have any suggestions you would like to see covered, let me know. I'll start writing the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PowerShell - How to overcome Azure VM's fixed resolution limitation

TA Basics: Website Test Automation on mobile devices via Appium server

TA: Who doesn't like proxies? Me!